Resilient Mountings with KSD®
A high-quality, double-elastic mounting is easily possible with KSD®-Elements and KSD® Compact-elements. These elements are used where the insulating effect of a single-elastic mounting on rubber or spring elements is insufficient. A typical application would be, for example, where machines are situated above offices, living rooms and bedrooms, or in cinemas and concert halls.
KSD Manual (PDF)
KSD Compact (PDF)
A double-elastic mounting on traditional insulating elements can only be carried out by installing a heavy concrete intermediate foundation. KSD®-Elements, however, achieve a comparable effect without the need for any intermediate mass, resulting in less weight, a lower construction height and reduced costs.
KSD®-Elements insulate vibration and structure-borne noise Clearly more efficient than rubber or steel springs, KSD®-Elements prevent the transmission of intrusive vibrations and structure-borne noise into buildings.
KSD®-Elements protect from noise
- The transmission of structure-borne noise in machine systems is reduced and adjacent rooms are protected. Noise levels which can be harmful to health and the environment are therefore reduced significantly.
KSD®-Elements absorb shocks
- KSD®-Elements absorb external shocks and vibrations, thus protecting sensitive equipment and system
KSD®-Elements in use:
- Elevator support
- Combined heat and power plant
- Support of air conditioning units on the upper floor
- Support of air conditioning units on the roof of an office building